Request for Proposals
Members are invited to propose content for Annual Conference concurrent sessions which reflect the varied areas of practice of the UPCEA community: leaders in professional, continuing, and online education. Especially of interest are presentations that are highly interactive in format, engage multiple presenters and institutions/organizations, and can address the needs of a wide range of institutional types and sizes, as well as diverse populations of credit and noncredit students.
The call for proposals is now closed. Notifications will be sent by 12/15 and accepted titles posted to this page later in December.
- Concurrent sessions will be offered in the following six tracks, which correspond to the key areas of practice that define professional, continuing, and online education.
- Proposals are expected to highlight a deeply relevant topic and to explore trends and developments in our field, share best practices and innovative solutions, and/or examine controversial ideas which evoke debate and discussion.
- Proposals will offer learning outcomes/goals, a clear plan to engage the audience, and will denote a particular presentation format as well as content “level” (i.e. foundational, applied, or strategic).
- Presenters are expected to be subject matter experts and must also be current members of UPCEA, either institutional or corporate. Proposals by corporate members must include a current institutional member as co-presenter.
- Information about UPCEA membership is found here.
- Proposals must include complete contact information for all presenters.
- Selected presenters are responsible for all expenses incurred in conjunction with the UPCEA Annual Conference including registration, housing, and travel.
- Proposals which do not meet the above elements will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
- There will be approximately 50 concurrent sessions, most of which will be 1 hour in length. A projector, screen, microphone, and internet access will be provided; presenters will be responsible for laptops as well as any printed handouts (if desired). Digital copies of presentation materials will be collected from presenters in advance of the conference for dissemination via the event app.
- UPCEA reserves the right to revise presentation titles, reassign the proposed track, or edit the session description of selected presentations for promotional and program publications.
- Aug 15: Conference registration opens
- Sept 8: Request for Proposals announced
- Nov 13: Proposals due
- Dec 15: Selected proposals notified
Please contact Amy Heitzman, Deputy CEO & Chief Learning Officer, UPCEA