Call for Nominations Regional Awards
At the 2016 UPCEA New England Conference, Make it EPIC, we will recognize extraordinary professional, continuing, and online education students, colleagues, and programs with 7 awards. Help us to identify outstanding work in New England. Submit an award nomination by August 31, 2016.
Awards submissions has closed. Thank you to all who submitted.
Consider the awards and criteria, and use the nomination form and check list below. View previous UPCEA New England Award recipients. To hone an award nomination or ask a question, contact Christine Dolan at Christine@uri.edu
Awards and Criteria
- Continuing Education Student Award. This award honors a student enrolled in an undergraduate program offered through a division of continuing education who has demonstrated outstanding achievement and an unusual will to learn—not only to enhance his/her own career but also to add to their own quality of life, and for that of the family and community. Eligibility: Any member organization or professional member of UPCEA may submit nominations for this award. The student must be enrolled at a UPCEA institution in an undergraduate degree or certificate program offered through the division of continuing education. The student should be 25 years of age or older and be within one year of graduation or completion of the program. Students will have achieved a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale, if enrolled in a degree program.
- Continuing Education Faculty Award. This award honors a continuing education faculty member for outstanding teaching (credit or noncredit). Eligibility: The recipient of the award should teach in a continuing education program at a UPCEA member institution, or be within one year of having taught in continuing education.
- Outstanding Service to Continuing Education. This award recognizes a continuing education professional who has exhibited achievement in the profession and exemplary service to UPCEA. Nominees should have an established record of dedication and commitment to UPCEA New England. Eligibility: Any active member of UPCEA New England may submit nominations for this award. The nominee should be from a UPCEA member institution.
- Innovative and Creative Programming Award (Credit Programs). This award honors the individual and institution demonstrating innovative and creative programming which contributes to the success of Continuing Education and/or community education programs. Eligibility: Any member organization and professional member of UPCEA New England may submit nominations for this award. The program must be original in a substantive way and have been a successful offering within the last two years.
- Innovative and Creative Programming Award (Non-credit Programs). Purpose and criteria are the same as 4 but this award recognizes non-credit programs.
- Adelle F. Robertson National Award Candidate. Adelle Robertson served UPCEA with distinction and dedication, setting an example for those who would follow. This award recognizes professionals who demonstrate similar commitment and promise. Adele was NUCEA’s president in 1983-84. She was involved in continuing education from 1965 and served in Delaware and Virginia, nationally, and in Germany. The winner of the award is nominated by UPCEA New England as a candidate for the National Adelle F. Robertson Award. Eligibility: This award recognizes the scholarship, leadership, and contributions to the profession of a person who has entered the field in the past five to ten years. The nominee must be a UPCEA member.
- Engagement Award. This award recognizes an outstanding partnership of a member institution with one or more external constituents such as local communities, corporations, government organizations, or associations. The recognized partnership will demonstrate a mutually-beneficial exchange of knowledge and resources that resulted in a measurable and sustainable shared impact in areas such as economic development, community development, workforce training, or capacity building. Eligibility: This award will be given to the UPCEA member institution/unit and the partner organization(s). This award will help to highlight the outreach and engagement work of UPCEA members.
Nomination Form and Checklist
- Submit an Award Nomination Form that includes
- Contact information of the person and institution submitting the nomination
- The award for which you are nominating
- The name, institution and contact information of the person you are nominating or the institutional representative for a program nomination
- Describe why the person or program should be considered for this award by addressing the award criteria and other evidence in a narrative of 750 words or less.
- Submit a letter of support from the Dean or Director of the unit at the home institution of the individual or program you are nominating.
- Enhance the nomination with supporting materials such as
- Current resume of the nominee
- Letters of support from colleagues and/or students
- Publications or other materials