The UPCEA 2017 Central Region Conference is being held at the Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront in
Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront
2 Washington Blvd
Detroit, MI 48226
*Subject to availability.
Discount UPCEA room rates available until September 20 or until the room block is sold out.
Your support in staying at the UPCEA contracted hotel helps keep the conference costs down, which directly affects your registration fees. UPCEA contracts for the best possible room rates for its events and is required to guarantee a predetermined number of sleeping rooms. If the association does not meet the contracted room block, the hotel can charge an attrition fee, which will result in higher registration fees at future conferences. Therefore, we encourage you to book your room through our block at the conference hotel.
All reservations made after the blocks are filled and/or after the deadline will be available at the hotel’s prevailing rate and availability is not guaranteed.
This hotel does not provide shuttle service.
Click here for driving directions to the hotel.
Transportation Options from Detroit Metro Airport to the hotel:
* Taxi service can run upwards of $50.
Uber or Lyft
Using the Uber or Lyft rideshare apps will be a more affordable option to get from Detroit Metro Airport to the Crowne Plaza hotel. Fares run between $30-$40 one-way.
1. Be sure to download either the Uber or Lyft app on your smartphone. If you are using either of these apps for the first time, you are generally awarded a limited number of free or discounted rides when you book your first trip.
2. Input the address for the hotel as your destination; you can begin typing the name "Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront" which should auto populate, or you can manually input the address:
2 Washington Blvd, Detroit, MI 48226.
3. Request your driver once you have your luggage and are ready to go! All rideshare companies pick up at the same location at the airport: the Ground Transportation Center. Follow the signs that say "Rideshare" to get to the pickup area.
4. If you have trouble locating the Ground Transportation Center, connect with your driver (the contact info will be in the app) or simply ask an airport employee.