Request for Proposals
Members are invited to propose content for Annual Conference concurrent sessions which reflect the varied areas of practice of the UPCEA community: leaders in professional, continuing, and online education. Especially of interest are presentations that are highly interactive in format and can address the needs of a wide range of institutional types and sizes, as well as diverse populations of credit and noncredit students.
The Request for Proposals window has closed; eligible submissions will be notified of their status by 12/31/16. Event registration will open shortly and the full program will be posted in late January.
- Concurrent sessions will be offered in the following six tracks, which correspond to the key areas of practice that define professional, continuing, and online education:
- Proposals are expected to highlight a deeply relevant topic and to explore trends and developments in our field, share best practices and innovative solutions, and/or examine controversial ideas which evoke debate and discussion.
- Proposals will offer learning outcomes/goals, a clear plan to engage the audience, and will denote a particular presentation format.
- Presenters are expected to be subject matter experts and to be current members of UPCEA, either institutional or corporate. Corporate members are expected to propose sessions in conjunction with an institutional member. Information about UPCEA membership is found here.
- There will be approximately 50 concurrent sessions, most of which will be 1 hour in length. A projector, screen, microphone, and internet access will be provided; presenters will be responsible for laptops as well as any printed handouts (if desired). Digital copies of presentation materials will be collected from presenters in advance of the conference for dissemination via the event app.
- Oct 4: Request for Proposals announced
- Nov 15: Proposals due
- Nov 15: Conference registration opens
- Dec 31: Selected proposals notified
Please contact Amy Heitzman, Deputy CEO & Chief Learning Officer, UPCEA