Things to Do in San Diego
The 2017 Summit for Online Leadership is being held in downtown San Diego, CA.
This positions conference attendees at the middle of the city and the varied historical and cultural sites the city has to offer. All of the sites below are located within a short drive or ride on the San Diego Trolley, so be sure to build a little extra time into your trip so that you can go after the day's sessions and explore "The Plymouth of the West".
Cultural and Heritage Institutions
- USS Midway Museum - Go to sea without leaving port! Explore more than 60 exhibits with a collection of 27 restored aircraft aboard one of America’s longest-serving aircraft carriers.
- New Childrens Museum - Located four blocks from the hotel, the museum is a dynamic new model of a museum that celebrates children and the arts.
- San Diego Zoo - One of the largest zoos in the US, the San Diego Zoo houses over 3,700 animals of more than 650 species and subspecies.
- Coronado Island - Resort city located in San Diego County, California, across and around San Diego Bay from downtown San Diego. The downtown district along Orange Avenue contains many shops, restaurants and theaters.
Beaches and Parks
- Balboa Park - The nation's largest urban cultural park. Home to 15 major museums, renowned performing arts venues, beautiful gardens and the San Diego Zoo, the Park has an ever-changing calendar of museum exhibitions, plays, musicals, concerts, and classes.
- Beaches - There are many beaches in and around the San Diego area. For a listing of all available beaches to soak up sunshine or dip into the Pacific Ocean, click here.
- San Diego Padres
- Monday June 12 - vs. Cincinnati Reds
- Tuesday June 13 - vs. Cincinnati Reds
- Wednesday June 14 - vs. Cincinnati Reds
- The Casbah - Concert venue hosting punk and indie bands. Concert schedule can be found here.
- Balboa Theatre - Historic performance venue. More information can be found here.
- Civic Theatre - Performance venue which hosts the San Diego Opera, dance, theater, and musical offerings. More information can be found here.
- The Shout! House - Dueling piano bar.
- Gaslamp Quarter - Over 200 restaurants, nightclubs, and retail options just a five minute walk from the hotel.
- Seaport Village - Waterfront shopping and dining complex adjacent to San Diego Bay in downtown San Diego.
- Westfield Horton Plaza - Five-level outdoor shopping mall located in downtown San Diego known for its bright colors, architectural tricks, and odd spatial rhythms.
Bus and Boat Tours
There are multiple bus and boat tour companies around San Diego that provide a quick and informative way to see the city. Here are a few of the most popular providers: